Need a (new) hosting plan for your Magento or Shopware shop? You’ve come to the right place. Hypernode is a unique e-commerce platform developed by Byte. Hypernode has been developed in close consultation with e-commerce developers, with the objective of having e-commerce web shops perform to best advantage and to make its development several times easier.
You’re only a few steps away from improving your e-commerce hosting solution. This article wil help you choose the best fit for your shop.
An overview of all hosting plans can be found on our website.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Hypernode Plans Are There?
- Can I Test Hypernode Before I Commit Myself?
- Which Hypernode Plan Do I Need?
- Booting Your Hypernode In a Different Data Center
- How To Order a Hypernode?
- Tips For Ordering a Hypernode
What Hypernode Plans Are There?
Depending on your shop’s wants and needs, Byte offers different Hypernode hosting plans:
- Professional (and up)
- Excellence (and up)
Each production plan has a development equivalent. A development plan is cheaper and therefore recommended when developing and testing shops before going live. A development plan can easily be upgraded to a production plan.
Small shops with few products or start-ups will do nicely with a Grow or Professional S plan. Bigger shops with 4000 to 30.000 visitors a day will need at least a Hypernode Professional M plan. Big, high end shops with a lot of (unique) visitors a day and products need a lot of CPU and data storage, so a Excellence plan is just what they need.
A complete overview can be found on our website.
Can I Test Hypernode Before I Commit Myself?
Absolutely. When choosing a free non-binding trial you can test our platform and all its features before making a decision. You trial will expire automatically unless you choose to upgrade it to a paid hosting plan.
- Are you Dutch? Please order your trial here.
- If you are not Dutch and interested in our Hypernode platform, please order your trial on Hypernode.com.
Which Hypernode Plan Do I Need?
Depending on your needs. Naturally you’ll need enough disk space for your shop, as well as enough CPU to make sure your shops stays fast during peak hours.
If your shop generates a lot of traffic but is small in size, it’s better to choose a Hypernode plan that can handle said traffic easily. Bigger hosting plans like Hypernode Professional and Excellence also offer a lot more features, such as; historical back-ups, Varnish cache and PCI compliancy (only with Excellence plans).
Not sure what to order? Do not worry about ordering the wrong plan. The contract term of Hypernode plans is only 30 days and you can up- or downgrade your plan any time you want. You only pay for what you use.
Booting Your Hypernode In a Different Data Center
We make use of cloud providers:
- Combell OpenStack: Hypernode Grow and Professional plans, booted in Gent (Belgium)
- DigitalOcean: Hypernode Start, Grow and Professional plans, booted in other data centers around the world
- Amazon Web Services: Hypernode Excellence plans.
When you order a Hypernode, your node is standard booted in Gent (Combell OpenStack) or Frankfurt (Amazon).
However, it is possible to boot a Hypernode in a different region on request. This can be desirable if you do most of your business in (for example) the USA. Simply send an email to email@example.com and let us know which data center you prefer. We will then boot a Hypernode in your preferred data center and arrange the switch.
Please keep into account that a switch of datacenter triggers an IP change of your Hypernode!
DigitalOcean and Amazon both have data centers all over the world.
- DigitalOcean has data centers in: Londen, Frankfurt, New York, San Fransisco, Toronto, Bangalore, Singapore
- The location of the Amazon (AWS) data centers can be found on their website.
How To Order a Hypernode?
Information on how to order a Hypernode can be found in our support documentation.
- A Dutch explanation can be found on our Dutch website.
- English speaking readers via Hypernode.com are asked to check out the information on our Hypernode support documentation.
Tips For Ordering a Hypernode
- Choose a logical name. IE: If your site is example.com, order example.hypernode.com
- Make sure you pick a node with enough diskspace for both your shop and your database.
- Don’t use environment indicators like staging test, testing, dev or development:
- Without these indicators, you can easily change this node from a live to a test node without confusion or having to migrate to a server with another name.
- Still developing a shop? Then select a development environment first. When your Hypernode is ready to go live you can easily switch to a production node.
- Use this article to remove a Magento installation in case you want to reuse an existing Hypernode or accidentally ordered a Hypernode with a preinstalled Magento on it.