HeidiSQL is a useful and reliable tool designed for web developers. It lets you easily manage your database, enabling you to browse and edit data, create and edit tables, views, and databases. You can also easily export and download structure and data either to a backup, SQL file, or to other servers.
HeidiSQL is a tool that runs on Windows 8, and 10. It can also be used on Linux, using wine.
This article will explain where to download and how to use HeidiSQL with your Hypernode.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Download and Install HeidiSQL
First, go to the HeidiSQL homepage and use the installer to install the latest version of HeidiSQL.
Add your IP to the allowlist
By default, your MySQL server is protected by a firewall. If you wish to connect remotely, you will need to add your IP address to the allowlist. You can find your IP address by typing in 'what is my ip' into Google.
Then configure HeidiSQL as follows:
- Start HeidiSQL
- Click new in the bottom-left corner
- Choose a suitable name for your connection
- Edit the following fields.
- Hostname / IP: enter your hypernode
- User: enter the MySQL user (Usually 'app')
- Password: enter the MySQL password for the user (see .my.cnf file)
- Leave all other fields as they are.
- Click save in the bottom-left corner
Create a database dump
You should consider using Magerun, but you could use HeidiSQL to create a database dump. Please note that making a dump through HeidiSQL may generate an inconsistent backup, as data may change while your backup is created.
- Start HeidiSQL.
- Connect to your Hypernode.
- Use Tools -> Export database as SQL.
- In the left pane, choose the Magento database.
- Choose a filename to export to.
- Choose appropriate options, notably data.
- Press Export.