In this article we explain how you can export your email with a number of common email clients and our own webmail application.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Export email in Byte Webmail
- Export Email in Outlook
- Export Email in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Export Email in Mac Mail
Export email in Byte Webmail
In the Byte webmail client it is not possible to export all the emails at once, so you have to save each email individually.
1. Log in to the Byte webmail application.
2. Click on an email.
3. In the menu item More, select the option 'Opslaan' (.eml)
An .eml file is then created in which the specific email is stored. You can then import this .eml file back into your email client. Please note that you cannot import email into Byte's webmail.
Export Email in Outlook
In Outlook you can save your inbox as a .pst file. You can then use this file to export your email to another email client. You can do so by using the next steps:
- Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file, and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst), and click Next.
- Select the mail folder you want to back up, and click Next.
- Choose a location and name for your backup file, and click Finish.
- If you want to protect the files with a password, enter and confirm a password, and click OK.
Export Email in Mozilla Thunderbird
Thunderbird does not have an Export function itself, so you must use a plug-in for this. Some examples of this are:
Export Email in Mac Mail
In Mac Mail you can export a folder and save it as a .mbox file. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Select one or more mailboxes, then choose Mailbox > Export Mailbox
- Create a new folder or choose a folder, then click Choose