The Hypernode Docker Image can be used to set up a local test environment for Magento as well as Shopware. To set such an environment for Shopware is basically the same process as for Magento, with the exception that you'll have to add an additional nginx configuration file named
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step One - Start a Docker Container
- Step Two - Add the Shopware Nginx Config File
- Step Three - Create a Database for Your Shopware Dhop via Your Terminal
- Step Four - Download Shopware
- Step Five - Install Shopware via Your Browser
Step One - Start a Docker Container
Before you can start a Docker container make sure that Docker is running. Next you need to run the following commands in order to start a new Docker container:
docker pull docker.hypernode.com/byteinternet/hypernode-docker:latest
docker run -p 222:22 -p 8080:80 docker.hypernode.com/byteinternet/hypernode-docker:latest
This will expose port 222 on the container and port 8080 on the localhost. In this example you should use the following command to connect to the container:
# Login as app user
ssh -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no -oUserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -p 222 firstname.lastname@example.org
The password is
Step Two - Add the Shopware Nginx Config File
Create the Shopware config file “server.shopware” for nginx in your Docker environment according to our support documentation.
Step Three - Create a Database for Your Shopware Dhop via Your Terminal
mysql -e 'create database if not exists shopware_5'
Step Four - Download Shopware
Download the latest Shopware version (version 5 in this example) to your Docker environment:
- Browse to the Shopware website
- Left click on the "Download for free" button -> "Copy Link Address".
- Run a
wgetfrom your Docker environment and paste the Link Address. i.e.:
- unzip the files in /data/web/public:
unzip install_5.5.10_edfcb8e82f331fa5a0935a6c6ff35fe4348bf262.zip -d /data/web/public
Step Five - Install Shopware via Your Browser
- Open your browser and browse to: “http://127.0.0.1:8080/recovery/install/index.php”
- Click "Next"
- Agree to the terms of service.
- Make sure to configure your database correctly:
- Database Server: localhost
- Database User: app
- You can find the password of the database by running the following command in your Docker environment:
- Select the database you created earlier.
- Click "Next"
- Start the installation.
- Press "Next"
- Select “No, I would like to use the free Community Edition” and click "Next"
- Enter whatever you prefer, but note your credentials as you need them to login to the backend and click "Next"
That's it! You can now visit your Shopware demo-shop and the backend with the following URLs: