If Byte and your previous provider use the same domain name supplier named Key-Systems, a different transfer procedure is needed. You can check this by checking the WHOIS who is registered as a Registrar. If KEY-SYSTEMS is listed in the WHOIS as Registrar, there is an Internal Transfer (or User Transfer) required.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How Does an Internal Transfer Work?
How Does an Internal Transfer Work?
Your current provider must perform the following steps:
Step 1: If Used: Deactivate the Domain Lock Service
The Verisign Registry Lock Service allows registry-level protection for domain names and/or hosts (name servers). The service prevents malicious or inadvertent modifications, deletions, and transfers. It is available for .COM, .NET, .TV, .CC and .NAME domains.
When this service (lock) is active it needs to be deactivated before we can request a transfer. The lock can be recognized by the following statuses in the WHOIS:
Step 2: Retrieving the Internal Authorization Code
Before the transfer, it's necessary to retrieve the internal Authorization Code of RRP-Proxy / Key-Systems. Your current provider can request this by checking the status of this domain name on the web interface of RRP-Proxy / Key-Systems. If the domain name also has an authorization code for a non-internal transfer (this applies to the extensions: .COM .NET .ORG .INFO .BIZ .TV) then this is the one you need.
Step 3: Start the transfer on the Service Panel
When you received the correct authorization code from your current provider your can initiate the transfer on you Service Panel:
- Login to https://service.byte.nl;
- Select the domain you want to transfer;
- In the tab 'Administratief' click on the button 'Domein verhuizen';
- Enter the authorization code;
- Select 'Ja, dit is de autorisatiecode die ik heb gekregen!';
- Click on 'Ja, verhuis mijn domeinnaam!'.
Step 4: Wait for the transfer to be processed
After initiating the transfer, there are 3 scenarios:
- The current provider AGREES to the transfer via the online panel of Key-Systems, the domain is then transferred immediately);
- The current provider does NOT AGREE to the transfer via the online system, in this case the transfer will be rejected and cancelled;
- IF the current provider does nothing: the transfer is successfully completed after 5 days if the authorization code is correct.