Please note that this only applies to Service Panel users who log in via service.byte.nl. If you use the Control Panel (my.hypernode.com), you can use this article to transfer your domain to Hypernode.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- I Want to Transfer My Domain Name to Another Provider
I Want to Transfer My Domain Name to Another Provider
To transfer your domain name to another hosting provider, take the following steps:
Step 1 – Cancel Your Subscription With Hypernode
Most domain names need an authorization code or token to initiate the transfer. This code or token will be emailed to your customer account registrant email address when you cancel your subscription:
- Log on to the Service Panel with your customer number and password
- Click the domain you wish to transfer
- Click “Opzeggen” under the tab ‘Administratief’.
- Choose: “Ik wil het domein wegverhuizen naar een andere provider”
- Please provide us with your feedback as to why you wish to terminate your contract.
- Check the box: “Ik verklaar kennis te hebben genomen van het bovenstaande en ga hiermee akkoord. “
- Fill in your Service Panel password and click: “Bevestigen”
- If an AUTH code is needed, it will be sent to the ‘Registrant’ email address.
If you don’t cancel the subscription, you will keep receiving invoices and will not receive an AUTH/transfer code.
Step 2 – Request the Transfer at Your New Hosting Provider
Please contact your new provider to initiate the transfer. They will explain what you’ll need to do to transfer the domain name. We can not transfer the domain name for you. The responsibility of the transfer of a domain name lies with the new Provider.
My new provider says that Hypernode has to initiate the transfer
The new provider has to start the transfer. The procedure has been designed so that the owner can order any new provider to transfer the domain. If you have any doubts concerning this, please check at ICANN. Hypernode will not discuss the standard policies of ICANN or the gTLD operators.
- Hypernode will fully cooperate with any transfer that has correctly been passed in writing.
- If the proper documents are received, Hypernode allows the transfer by changing the status of the domain to ACTIVE.
- The new hosting provider initiates the transfer at their registrar.
- Hypernode will accept the request for transfer within 1-2 days, after that the domain name will be transferred.
- In case of .nl/.com/.net/.org/.biz/.info/.de/.nu domain names: Hypernode will sent the AUTH code to the registered e-mail address on transfer.
- In case of .be domains we will not send the auth code automatically after you cancelled your subscription. Because a code for a.be domain is only valid for 7 days, we urge you to request the code at the moment that you want to initiate the transfer with the Belgium registry. The code will then be sent to the Registrant email address. If this is still our e-mail address, we will forward the code to the registrant address known to us.
- In case of co.uk domains you'll need the registrar-tag for the new provider to push the domain to. Your new provider needs to let you know which tag to use so you can inform us. We will then process this Registrar Tag and “push” the domain to your new hosting provider.