By adding your SSH key to the SSH Key Manager, you add your SSH key to all Hypernodes you have access to without having to do this for each Hypernode separately. You can also add an SSH key to one Hypernode.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Adding an SSH Key to All Your Hypernodes
You can add SSH Keys to your Hypernode(s) via the Control Panel by following the next steps:
- Log in to your Control Panel
- Hover over your name in the upper right corner and select Account Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to SSH Keys and click the Add SSH Key button.
- Paste the content of your public key into the public key field and give your SSH key a name.
- Click on the Add SSH key button to add the key to the Key Manager
- Congrats! Your key will now be added to all Hypernodes you have access to.
Repeat the above steps if you would like to add more keys.
Adding an SSH Key to One Hypernode
Need to add someone's key to a Hypernode (i.e. you have a new developer who needs access)? Follow the steps below to do so.
- Log in to the Control Panel.
- Go to Teams in the sidebar on the left.
- Either create a new Team and invite the user who's key you want to add or invite them to an existing Team.
- After accepting the invitation, the new user can add the key to their account following the steps above to add their key to their SSH Key Manager.
A couple of things to keep in mind
- The following SSH public key types in the control panel are supported: RSA keys >= 2048 bits (*), ECDSA and Ed25519 keys.
- DSA and RSA keys < 2048 bits * will not be permitted because they are not secure.
- You will be prompted with a clear message if there is a problem with your key.
- At the moment there are two SSH key pages, one is under Account Settings and one the Hypernode sidebar on the left. The latter is the old version and will be removed. Keys you see here are added on Hypernode level, not account level.