Please check first if your ordered your Hypernode (trial) via Byte.nl (Dutch users) or Hypernode.com (English speaking users). Dutch users can find their SSH Keymanager in their Service Panel, English speaking users should go to their control panel.
‘How To’ for Dutch users
You can easily add public SSH keys to your Hypernode environment by using the SSH Keymanager on your Service Panel. This tutorial will explain how to add your SSH Key to the SSH Keymanager:
- Log in to the Byte Service Panel
- Select your domainname (name.hypernode.io)
- Click the tab Instellingen.
- Click on the option Shell Toegang.
- Click on the SSH key toevoegen option (image 1). If you already have a key configured, you should click on the Beheer mijn public keys option. After that, click on the SSH key toevoegen option
- Paste the content of your public key into the public key field and give it a name (image 2)
- Click on ”Toevoegen” to add the key to the Key Manager
- Select the domain you wish to add your key to (if you’re a Byte customer, make sure you add the key to your Hypernode domain and the Magento domain the site is currently being hosted) and click on the “Opslaan” button.
- Your key is now added to your domains.
‘How To’ for English speaking users
Our English speaking customers who ordered a hosting plan or trial via Hypernode.com have access to a SSH Keymanager via their control panel to add public keys to a Hypernode. The steps:
- Log in to your control panel
- Select your Hypernode (name.hypernode.io) under ‘My Hypernodes’ and click on the Go button
- On the next page, click on Add SSH key. You will reach the SSH keymanager.
- Paste the content of your public key into the public key field and give your SSH key a name.
- Click on the Add SSH key button to add the key to the Keymanager
- Your key is now added to your Hypernode.
Repeat the above steps if you would like to add more keys.
A couple of things to keep in mind
- The following SSH public key types in the control panel are supported: RSA keys >= 2048 bits (*), ECDSA and Ed25519 keys.
- DSA and RSA keys < 2048 bits * will not be permitted because they are not secure.
- You will be prompted with a clear message if there is a problem with your key.