Configuring the HTTP cache
In the backend you can find the cache configuration settings.
- Log in to the back-end, YOURSHOP.com/backend
- Navigate to
- When your shop is ready for production, you can select the
Production modewhich enables the HTTP cache to get optimal front end performance.
- In the “Performance” window, navigate to the tab
- Check the box
Activate HTTP Cacheto activate HTTP caching.
- Now warm up your cache by clicking on
Warm up the http cache
Note the other check boxes under Configuration:
- Automatic cache invalidation: Clears the cache of a product detail page whenever a product is modified.
- Alternate proxy URL: Allows you to select a desired proxy, for example with Varnish
- Admin view: Hides the option that product pages are no longer cached, but opened from the backend
Flush the Shopware cache
When making adjustments to the configuration, e.g. installing or updating extensions, it is often required to flush the caches.
You can flush the Shopware cache by one single command from the shell:
php bin/console sw:cache:clear
Or by following the steps below in the backend:
- Login to the backend via:
- Navigate to:
clear shop cache
Configure a cronjob to run cache warmer daily
We recommend to configure a cronjob that runs the cache warmer daily at 06:00 to make sure the performance is always optimal.
# HTTP Cache Warmer
0 6 * * * * flock -n ~/. php /data/web/public/bin/console sw:warm:http:cache
Run cache warmer
After flushing the cache, it’s recommended to run the cache warmer manually. This can be done by the following command.
php bin/console sw:warm:http:cache
Theme caching is a new caching system that comes with Shopware 5 themes and features some great optimisations:
- Registered LESS files are compiled into CSS
- The resulting files are minimized
By compiling and merging these files the amount of requests and bandwidth decreases, which results in faster response time and experience for the end user.
Configuring Theme Cache
You can configure the theme caching by following the steps below, please keep in mind that the HTTP cache will be flushed by following these steps!:
- Navigate to
- Click on “Warm up cache”
- Select your shop
- Click on “Start process”