You have reached this page because you ordered a trial on Byte.nl. Welcome!
Your trial gives you 30 days of free testing on our Hypernode platform. You can import a copy of your shop on your Hypernode and start testing our one-of-a-kind platform and all its time-saving developer tools. You can also order a Hypernode trial with a preinstalled Magento 1 or 2 installation.
Enthusiastic about Hypernode? Convert your trial into a paid hosting plan. You can choose from a wide range of Hypernode plans. We offer both development plans and production plans. All plans have a 30 days contract term which gives you full flexibility to only pay for what you use.
You don’t have a trial?
Order one here. First enter your address information and click on ‘Maak account aan’, choose if you want to import an existing shop or start with a new Magento installation. After you have done this you can choose between a Magento 1 and a Magento 2 installation. If you have chosen to start with a new installation, you can also use the opton to manually install a Magento shop. Now decide on a unique name for your Hypernode (the so called app name). For example ‘magento4ever’ and click on ‘trial aanvragen’. Your testshop will then be reachable via magento4ever.hypernode.io. Now wait until your Hypernode has been booted.
What is Hypernode?
Hypernode is a unique Magento cloud platform developed by Byte, a Dutch hosting company with 10 years of experience in hosting Magento. Hypernode has been developed in close consultation with Magento developers, with the objective of having Magento webshops perform to best advantage and to make its development several times easier. Simply said, Hypernode is a software layer (developed by Byte) on a flexible hardware layer (currently managed by cloud providers Combell OpenStack, DigitalOcean and Amazon Web Services). We are continuously improving this software layer to not only help you saving precious development time but also to keep your Magento shop as fast and safe as possible.
About your trial
With your free trial you have 30 days to test your shops’ performance on Hypernode. After 30 days your trial will expire automatically unless you decide to convert your trial into a paid hosting plan.
You can use our Hypernode importer tool to copy a shop (or order a trial with a preinstalled Magento (1 or 2) installation), then do some benchmarks against your current hosting provider. Also, use this trial to experience how easy it is to develop and maintain shops with the help from our CLI tools and Magerun plugins.
- Your free Hypernode trial will be active for 30 days
- After 30 days it will auto-expire and your data will be destroyed
- Your trial can be changed into a paid hosting plan
- The specs of your trial are: 62GB storage, 3 CPU, 4GB RAM, 768MB Redis cache, PHP 7.1
- Your Hypernode is accessible via SSH
Your Service Panel
Your Byte Service Panel allows you not only to manage your contact and billing information and order and change your Hypernode plans, but also offers a lot of helpful tooling, for example among other things:
- Link SSL certificates to your Hypernode
- Add SSH keys to the SSH Keymanager
- Link your domain name to your Hypernode
These are only a few of the features of the Service Panel. Please feel free to contact Support for an extensive tour .
Start your Trial
We recommend taking the following steps:
Step 1 – Log in to your Hypernode via SSH
If you ordered your Hypernode trial or hosting plan via Byte.nl, your SSH connection settings can be found in the Byte Service Panel. Use the following steps to connect to Hypernode.
- In the Byte Service Panel select your Hypernode (name.hypernode.io), go to
Shell Toegang. The required credentials are listed under SSH gegevens
- Open to PuTTY
- Navigate to Session and enter your hostname (or IP address) in the Host name field
- This should be the name of your Hypernode plan: name.hypernode.io
- Enter app as your username
- Enter your password (it’s the same as the “Technisch Beheerder” login password for the Service panel)
- Congrats! You can now access your Hypernode.
Step 2 (if you want to import an existing shop to your Hypernode) – Import your Magento shop via the Hypernode Importer tool
We have developed an awesome time saving tool, the Hypernode Importer tool. With 1 simple command you import a copy of an existing shop onto your Hypernode. This will not have a negative impact on your live shop. Instructions can be found in the Hypernode support documentation.
(Optional) Step 3 – Add more SSH Keys
Do you want to give your colleagues access to your Hypernode as well? You can use the Key Manager in our Service Panel to add more public SSH keys to the Hypernode
Step 4 – Start testing
You are in control and can change some Hypernode settings yourself via the Hypernode-systemctl CLI tool, like:
- PHP version: easily change the PHP version of your Hypernode
- Enable Ioncube: only enable this if you really have to, as Ioncube is a performance killer
- Enable Blackfire: a great tool to find performance bottlenecks in Magento
- Enable OpenVPN for secure database connections
- Password authentication: indicates whether password authentication for the Hypernode is allowed instead of only SSH keys.
- Firewall block: indicates whether FTP (which is unsafe) is completely blocked or not
- Safer SSL and SSH configuration: you can configure Mozilla Modern SSL and enable stricter SSH encryption
Tools for shop development and optimization
Try our handy CLI tools, like:
- Save disk space by using the Magento Image Optimizer
- Find out which Magento extensions slow down your shop using the php-slow-log
- Debug issues by parsing the Nginx access logs
Also we have useful Magerun plugins to retrieve information super fast, like:
- Analyze all pages in sitemap.xml and get a performance report
- Check if all security patches have been installed for your Magento version
- Find out if there are any outdated Magento extensions you need to update
- Test the vulnerability of the admin passwords of your users
Of course there is so much more to test, just decide for yourself what is important to you.
Upgrade your trial into a paid hosting plan
Convinced about Hypernode? Convert your trial into a paid hosting plan via your Service Panel. We are happy to help you with choosing the right plan for your shop. Should your shop need more or less resources in the future, you can up or downgrade your plan any time. You only pay for what you use.
In need of support?
We encourage you to have a look at our extensive Hypernode support documentation on support.hypernode.com. Here you will find useful information and tips and tricks on e.g. how to import a shop to Hypernode, recommended tools for developers, etc.
Do you have questions about our Hypernode platform or would you like to give us some feedback? We would love to hear from you! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you. Our sales team and support team are available on weekdays from 8:00 AM until 18:00 PM CET/CEST (UTC+1/UTC+2). An extension of our support opening hours is also on our roadmap.