Step One – Start a Docker container
Before you can start a Docker container make sure that Docker is running. Next you need to run the following commands in order to start a new Docker container:
docker pull docker.hypernode.com/byteinternet/hypernode-docker:latest
docker run -p 222:22 -p 8080:80 docker.hypernode.com/byteinternet/hypernode-docker:latest
This will expose port 222 on the container and port 8080 on the localhost. In this example you should use the following command to connect to the container:
# Login as app user
ssh -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no -oUserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -p 222 email@example.com
The password is
Step Two – Add the Shopware nginx config file
Create the Shopware config file “server.shopware” for nginx in your Docker environment according to our documentation.
Step Three – Create a database for your Shopware shop via your terminal
mysql -e "CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS
Step Four – Download Shopware
Download the latest Shopware version (version 5 in this example) to your Docker environment:
- Browse to the Shopware website
- Left click on the “Download for free” button -> “Copy Link Address”.
- Run a
wgetfrom your Docker environment and paste the Link Address. i.e.:
- unzip the files in /data/web/public:
unzip install_5.5.10_edfcb8e82f331fa5a0935a6c6ff35fe4348bf262.zip -d /data/web/public
Step Five – Install Shopware via your browser
- Open your browser and browse to: “http://127.0.0.1:8080/recovery/install/index.php”
- Click “Next”
- Agree to the terms of service.
- Make sure to configure your database correctly:
- Database Server: localhost
- Database User: app
- You can find the password of the database by running the following command in your Docker environment:
- Select the database you created earlier.
- Click “Next”
- Start the installation.
- Press “Next”
- Select “No, I would like to use the free Community Edition” and click “Next”
- Enter whatever you prefer, but note your credentials as you need them to login to the backend and click “Next”
That’s it! You can now visit your Shopware demo-shop and the backend with the following URLs: