You have reached this page because you have a trial on our Hypernode platform. (You don’t have a trial? Order one here). Congratulations and welcome!
Before you start testing, you may want to know what Hypernode is, what you can expect from Hypernode and how to start your trial. Enthusiastic about Hypernode? Convert your trial into a paid hosting plan. You can choose from a wide range of Hypernode plans.
Table of contents
- 1 What is Hypernode?
- 2 About your trial
- 3 What’s in store for the future?
- 4 Start your trial
- 5 Upgrade your trial into a paid hosting plan
- 6 In need for support?
What is Hypernode?
Hypernode is a unique Magento cloud platform developed by Byte, a Dutch hosting company with 10 years of experience in hosting Magento. Hypernode has been developed in close consultation with Magento developers, with the objective of having Magento webshops perform to best advantage and to make its development several times easier. Simply said, Hypernode is a software layer (developed by Byte) on a flexible hardware layer (currently managed by cloud providers Combell OpenStack, DigitalOcean and Amazon Web Services). We are continuously improving this software layer to not only help you saving precious development time but also to keep your Magento shop as fast and safe as possible.
About your trial
With this trial you can test and explore Hypernode for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks your trial will expire automatically, unless you decide to upgrade it to a paid hosting plan. Use this trial to test how easy it is to develop and maintain shops with the help from our CLI tools and Magerun plugins. You can use our Hypernode importer tool to copy a shop or try a fresh Magento install, then do some benchmarks against your current hosting provider. But keep in mind that some of the features and support that will enhance your Hypernode’s performance are not enabled on your trial yet, like monitoring tools like MageReport Premium or New Relic, or our Hyperformance service.
Some details to keep in mind:
- Your free Hypernode trial will be active for 14 days, after that it will auto-expire and your data will be destroyed
- The specs of your trial are: 44GB storage, 2 CPU, 2GB RAM, 512MB Redis cache, PHP 7.1
- Your Hypernode is accessible via SSH
- Use of MageReport Premium is not possible (yet)
- Use of New Relic is not possible (yet)
- Use of Blackfire is not possible (yet)
Would you like to use 1 of the above features ASAP? Please let us know via email to email@example.com. Feature requests from customers influence our roadmap, so let us know your needs.
What’s in store for the future?
A lot :-). Improving our Hypernode platform is a continuous process and the sole focus of our development team. Besides that, we are working very hard on a new website for Hypernode.com and a Control Panel for our users. This Control Panel will allow Hypernode users to manage contact and billing information, order or change Hypernode plans and change Hypernode settings like PHP, New Relic and Blackfire license keys, amongst many other things. You will also have access to MageReport Premium: the performance-focussed extension on MageReport for Hypernode customers only.
Start your trial
Ordering your trial is easy via Hypernode.com. First enter your email address, then decide on a unique name for your Hypernode (the so called app name). For example ‘magento4ever’. Your testshop will then be reachable via magento4ever.hypernode.io. Click on ‘Get started’, fill in a few more account details and wait until your Hypernode has been booted.
Step 1 – Log in to your Hypernode via SSH
Get started by creating SSH keys and logging in to your Hypernode via SSH.
Step 2 – Import your Magento shop via the Hypernode Importer tool
We have developed an awesome time saving tool, the Hypernode Importer tool. With 1 simple command you import a copy of an existing shop onto your Hypernode. This will not have a negative impact on your live shop. Instructions can be found in the Hypernode support documentation.
(Optional) Step 3 – Install a sample shop
(Optional) Step 4 – Add more SSH keys
Do you want to give your colleagues access to your Hypernode as well? You can add more public SSH keys to this file:
Step 5 – Start exploring
Try our handy CLI tools, like:
- Save disk space by using the Magento Image Optimizer
- Find out which Magento extensions slow down your shop using the php-slow-log
- Debug issues by parsing the Nginx access logs
Also we have useful Magerun plugins to retrieve information super fast, like:
- Analyze all pages in sitemap.xml and get a performance report
- Check if all security patches have been installed for your Magento version
- Find out if there are any outdated Magento extensions you need to update
- Test the vulnerability of the admin passwords of your users
You are in control and can change some Hypernode settings yourself via the Hypernode-systemctl CLI tool, like:
- PHP version: easily change the PHP version of your Hypernode
- Enable Ioncube: only enable this if you really have to, as Ioncube is a performance killer
- Enable Blackfire: a great tool to find performance bottlenecks in Magento
- Enable OpenVPN for secure database connections
- Password authentication: indicates whether password authentication for the Hypernode is allowed instead of only SSH keys.
- Firewall block: indicates whether FTP (which is unsafe) is completely blocked or not
- Safer SSL and SSH configuration: you can configure Mozilla Modern SSL and enable stricter SSH encryption
Of course there is so much more to test, just decide for yourself what is important to you. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, so please let us know what you like and what you miss. Your feedback gives us a great insight in how to further develop Hypernode and what to prioritize.
Upgrade your trial into a paid hosting plan
Convinced about Hypernode? Convert your trial into a paid hosting plan via your billing portal. We are happy to help you with choosing the right plan for your shop. Should your shop need more or less resources in the future, you can up or downgrade your plan any time. You only pay for what your use.
In need for support?
We encourage you to have a look at our extensive Hypernode support documentation on support.hypernode.com. Here you will find useful information and tips and tricks on e.g. how to import a shop to Hypernode, recommended tools for developers, etc.
Do you have questions about our Hypernode platform or would you like to give us some feedback? We would love to hear from you! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you. Our sales team and support team are available on weekdays from 9:00 AM until 17:30 PM CET/CEST (UTC+1/UTC+2). An extension of our support opening hours is also on our roadmap.