Dutch customers: link SSL certificates
When you link your SSL certificate to your Hypernode, you mark your SSL certificate as being in use on a Hypernode.
This way our configuration management system knows what SSL certificate(s) are used on a node that is being created, migrated or upgraded, so it is able to configure them to your upgraded or newly ordered node.
You can link multiple SSL certificates to a single node, and a single certificate to multiple nodes.
* if you use an SSL wildcard certificate, you can configure this certificate on multiple Hypernodes
* You can configure a certificate for every storefront as well.
Linking and unlinking SSL certificates
Link your SSL certificate to your Hypernode
To mark your SSL certificate as linked to a Hypernode, please follow the steps below:
- Log into the Byte Service Panel
- Select your Hypernode plan
- Click on the ‘Instellingen’ tab
- Click “SSL & DNS”
- Select your SSL certificate name and click “Installeren” in the dropdown.
This will trigger a configuration update on your Hypernode adding the certificate configuration.
Unlink your SSL certificate from your Hypernode
To unlink your SSL certificate from your Hypernode you can use the same menu: Select the SSL certificate from the list and choose “Ontkoppel domeinnaam van deze Hypernode” in the dropdown of the corresponding domain.
This will trigger a configuration update on your Hypernode removing the certificate configuration.
English speaking customers: link SSL certificates
English speaking customers (Hypernode.com) have two options to use SSL for their Hypernode plan(s):
- Upload your own SSL certificate
- Request a certificate using Let’s Encrypt
Add a Custom SSL certificate
You can add your SSL certificate to your Hypernode via your control panel.
- Login to your control panel
- Select your Hypernode and click on “Settings”.
- Go to “Domains & SSL”.
- Enter the private key, certificate and the CA in the boxes and click on “Apply your SSL certificate”.
Using Let’s Encrypt
When you use Let’s Encrypt, you can’t manage your certificate via our Service Panel. Let’s Encrypt certificates are managed on the node itself. Please read this article if you would like to use Let’s Encrypt on Hypernode.