HeidiSQL is a useful and reliable tool designed for web developers using the popular MySQL server, Microsoft SQL databases and PostgreSQL. It enables you to browse and edit data, create and edit tables, views, procedures, triggers and scheduled events. Also, you can export structure and data either to SQL file, clipboard or to other servers (source: http://www.heidisql.com/).
This article will explain where to download and how to use HeidiSQL for your Hypernode plan.
Table of contents
Table of Contents
First, go to the HeidiSQL homepage and use the installer to install HeidiSQL.
Then configure HeidiSQL as follows:
- Start HeidiSQL
newin the bottom-left corner
- Choose a suitable name for your connection
- Edit the following fields:
Hostname / IP: enter the MySQL hostname (see .my.cnf file)
User: enter the MySQL user (see .my.cnf file)
Password: enter the MySQL password for the user (see .my.cnf file)
- Leave all other fields as they are (image 1).
savein the bottom-left corner
Create a database dump
You should consider using Magerun (see above), but you could use HeidiSQL to create a database dump.
- Start HeidiSQL.
- Connect to your Hypernode.
- Use Tools -> Export database as SQL.
- In the left pane, choose the Magento database.
- Choose a filename to export to.
- Choose appropriate options, notably
- Press Export.